Strengthening our Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
The Energize Board and Staff are committed to building a positive culture that recognises, respects and embraces equality, diversity and inclusivity through ensuring opportunity, access and fair treatment so that everyone has the chance to flourish.
We will not tolerate the discrimination of anyone and aim to continue to strengthen our focus on ensuring an inclusive environment through our commitment to:
- Recruit and engage people with appropriate diversity, independence, skills experience and knowledge to take effective decisions.
- Demonstrate a strong and public commitment to ensuring a minimum of 30% of each gender and strive for gender parity at Board/Trustee level.
- Demonstrate a strong and public commitment to ensuring greater diversity generally on its Board, including, but not limited to, Black, Asian, minority ethnic (BAME) diversity and disability.
- Make informed decisions that:
- Listen to and are focused on addressing the needs of all customers in diverse communities;
- Realise our aspiration to work with a growing diverse population;
- Respect peoples different needs , situations goals; and
- Establish freedom and removing barriers that limit what people can do.