Energize would like to recognise, highlight and reward schools for their high quality delivery of PE & School Sport. Schools are invited to complete an Impact Case Study that shows their effective use of the Primary PE & School Sport Premium funding and the impact that this has had against the objectives of the funding which are:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
We would like to gain Impact Case Studies that can be shared amongst the county to highlight best practice and provide other schools with ideas and new ways of utilising the funding.
Topics for the case studies should relate to the following key themes:
- Local Infrastructure: how schools are working together to effectively maximise the impact of the funding, including primary-secondary transition programmes or partnership working.
- Coaching: the quantity, quality, take up and impact of new coaches in primary schools.
- Competition: new competitive opportunities and levels of participation taking place.
- Health/Physical Activity: the new activities being created that target the least active pupils in primary schools.
- Shared or Single School PE Specialist Teachers: recruitment and use of specialist teachers (QTS) by primary schools, including their prevalence and effectiveness.
- Professional Learning: the quantity, quality and take up of new opportunities created to up-skill staff in PE and school sport.
For schools that submit an Impact Case Study there will be the opportunity of being awarded an Energize Sporting Champion visit. There will be 3 half day visits on offer that will be awarded to the three schools whose Impact Case Studies shows the most innovative & sustainable approaches linked to the 5 objectives and related to any of the themes above.
Schools can submit their Impact Case Studies from 21st March 2017 with the deadline for submissions being 15th May 2017.
To be in with a chance of winning a visit from an Energize Sporting Champion, simply complete this form* and send it to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Harry Cade, Youth Sport Manager, Energize STW, The Guildhall, Frankwell Quay, Shrewsbury, SY3 8HQ
*To receive the Impact Case Study form in a word format please contact Harry Cade on 01743 297192 or email email@example.com
For further information and guidance regarding the Primary PE & School Sport Premium Funding CLICK HERE
For further information about the Energize Sporting Champions CLICK HERE
Impact Case Studies gained from 2015/16 can be viewed below:
- Apley Wood Primary School
- Burford CE Primary School
- Newdale Primary School
- St Laurence’s Primary School