All schools across the county are invited to enter this exciting competition to create Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin’s first ever School Games song!
The song and its lyrics should be inspired by School Games, and everything it encompasses, but does not have to mention ‘School Games’ specifically. The lyrics could take inspiration from any element of the School Games, be it local schools coming together to compete, having fun being active with friends, being young leaders, or even the 6 School Games values; determination, team work, honesty, self-belief, passion, and respect.
Creating your song:
- Original lyrics must be written and used, and should be relevant to School Games
- Music can either be original or can be from an existing song/melody
- The song can be performed by an individual student or a group (e.g. school choir/band)
Songs will be assessed on:
- Relevance of the lyrics to School Games
- Originality of the song
- Student influence and involvement
The winning entry will have the opportunity to perform at the opening ceremony of the Summer Shropshire Homes School Sport Festival, as part of School Games taking place on Tuesday 3rd July 2018. The song may also be used in future promotional material.
An entry form can be downloaded here
Deadline for entries: 6pm on Friday 25th May 2018
Should you have any queries regarding the ‘Song for School Games’ competition please do not hesitate to contact Harry Cade on 01743 297192 or email@example.com