Please Note: Energize have received the final installment of Sportivate funding for 2017/18 and will not be distributing after March 2018 due to the programme coming to an end. All funding has been allocated for this year, therefore if you have an idea to start activity for young people and require funding, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can advise you on other options available. You may also be interested in Energize’s service offer for organisations, please follow this link for more information.
Sportivate is a Sport England national lottery funded programme designed to encourage more teenagers and young adults to take part regularly in sport.
The programme funds 6 – 8 weeks of coached sessions, with clearly defined ‘exit routes’ for participants to move into after the project has finished.
Sportivate has helped over over 4,500 young people engage in sport across Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin.
What will Sportivate fund :
- Participants must be 11-25 years old;
- Participants between 11 and 16 will only be considered where there is a clear opportunity and strong connection to continued community-based activity (i.e. outside of school – Sportivate does not fund school activity);
- Participants should currently have a low engagement with sport or physical activity, i.e. less than four times per month.
Sportivate has 4 priority areas in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin.
- Projects aimed at Women and Girls (Utilising the This Girl Can campaign!!);
- Projects aimed at getting inactive young people active;
- Projects aimed at those aged 19+;
- Inclusive projects – aimed at opening up physical activity to anyone between 14 – 25 with a disability.
How to Apply:
Sportivate is managed by both Energize and Telford and Wrekin Council, click below on your contact to start your Sportivate Journey.
Telford and Wrekin Projects: Marvyn Joseph (Sports Development Officer) – Marvyn.Joseph@telford.gov.uk
Shropshire Projects: Elliot Pottinger (Customer Relationship Manager) – email@example.com
Resources for Sportivate: